Key Features of PowerSeek SQL:
Income Generating Features:
Premium Links - Supports Premium Links where you can sell premium Link Listings. Premium Link Listings (including extra information pages) can have a total original look and are always displayed first in any categories. Premium link positions can be controlled.
NEW! - The PayPal API is also supported to accept payments through Paypal for the purchase of premium links. (Other order processors can also be used) Standard links can also be upgraded to premium links.
NEW! - Different pricings can be charged, depending on a time interval chosen/configured when purchasing premium links or upgrading from standard links to premium links. Find out more.
Advert Server System - Let's you target content sensitive banner or Text/HTML based advertisements at any categories. It will keep track of clicks and impressions with detailed statistical reports and graphs. It can also be used externally on any other web pages or other web sites. (Can also be used to rotate Advertisements on any web pages or web sites)
Advertisement Placement - Google's Adsense ads or any other advertisements can be displayed on any location of any pages of your Search Engine & Directory. All end-user displays are 100% customizable. Find out more about customization.
PPC Search Engine & Directory - Optional PPC module that lets you turn PowerSeek SQL into a PPC Search Engine. Find out more.
Also see the Demos or Complete Feature List
Traffic Building Features: (SEO)
HTML Generation - You can run your Directory from generated HTML (static) pages. Generated pages are Search Engine friendly to spiders of other Search Engines. The pages may also have custom titles, meta descriptions and meta keywords for Search Engine Optimization. (SEO) An HTML generated Directory also ensures maximum page load speed when visitors load pages from the Directory. Find out more.
Reciprocal Link Checker - Specifically designed to give you higher listings in Search Engines to increase traffic. The reciprocal link checker can require users doing new submissions to include a reciprocal link on their web sites before being able to submit a link. A plugin is also available to check the existence of reciprocal links with mailing options to contact link owners if your link was not found. Find out more.
Google SiteMaps - Options to generate a Google SiteMap file where it places URLs generated by PowerSeek SQL indicating URL Priorities and Update Frequencies. Find out more.
NEW! - Google Rich Snippets - Let's you highlight ratings and reviews in Google Search Results of listings. Google has functionality where it will display the rating and number of reviews of specific pages/links
in it's search results. The idea behind this is that it will in all likely hood increase interest and in turn increase traffic Google sends to pages having these Rich Snippets. PowerSeek SQL let's you implement the functionality for the use of these snippets on extra information pages for link listings.
Also see the Demos or Complete Feature List
|Turn Your PowerSeek Search Engine & Directory into a Fully Functional Pay-Per-Click Search Engine and Generate Income!
Click here for more info!
NEW! - Facebook Like Buttons - Link listings can each have a Facebook Like Button. The Like buttons is placed on the extra information pages of link listings. Extra information pages are also referred to as 'more information' pages in PowerSeek SQL.
NEW! - Google +1 Buttons - Link listings can each have a Google +1 Button. The Google +1 buttons is placed on the extra information pages of link listings. Extra information pages are also referred to as 'more information' pages in PowerSeek SQL.
NEW! - Facebook Comments - Let's visitors use Facebook to post comments for link listings on the extra information pages of link listings.
NEW! - Facebook Connect - PowerSeek SQL comes with a user login system where users can register an account to submit and edit previous submissions. (The login system provides users with a control panel where users can edit previous links and submit new links.) The PowerSeek SQL Login system now supports Facebook Connect. What this means is that users don't have to register an account and login directly with Facebook to submit new submissions and edit previous submissions.
Look and Feel Features: (Extremely Customizable)
Extremely Customizable - All HTML or text displayed to end users are 100% customizable or re-brandable via HTML templates or skins. If you can edit web pages you can edit the templates as they are ordinary HTML files. The customization options provide you with the ability to implement any kind of design. More Info.
Language Friendly - Create a Search Engine & Web Directory in any language. For more on this see.
Custom Category Look & Feel - Custom template set support also available where you can customize the look and feel of any specified categories, to target complex content sensitive advertisements or information at specific categories. Custom templates can also be used to give selected categories a total original look and feel. More Info.
Easily Include Headers, Footers, Menu's, etc. - Comes with 'Template Include' functionality that act like SSI's (Server Side Includes) throughout all templates. This makes changes to site headers, footers or menu bars an easy task where you can only edit one piece of HTML code and the changes will be available throughout the entire Search Engine & Directory. More Info.
Extra Data Fields - Can be used to support any type of custom data for a specialized Search Engine & Directory. (Like a Business Search Engine & Directory for example.) Can be used to add addresses, telephone numbers, videos, files, images, articles, etc. to link listings. Each Link Listing can also have it's own information page, where you can list extended information about Link Listings, in the event where it would not be practical to display all information about a link in the categories and search results. More Info.
Front Page Customization Options - Many customization options available for the use of the Front Page or Index page of the Search Engine & Directory. More Info.
NEW! - Wysiwyg Editor - Edit PowerSeek SQL templates with a fully functional Wysiwyg Editor.
Many other customization options available: Also see the Demos or Complete Feature List
Links & Category Features: (Search Engine & Directory Creation)
Multilevel Category Hierarchy - Designed to support a multilevel category hierarchy. You can also edit all aspects of the directory names, edit meta descriptions & keywords, custom titles for category pages, delete or move categories with all it's contents (links/sub-directories), create crosslinked categories (symbolic links), hide categories, and more.
Powerful Link Population Features - Comes with a Crawler to fetch page titles and meta tags. A built in Open Directory Project Importer is also available that imports links on a 'per category' basis. Also available is an RSS Importer to import RSS Feeds into categories. A flexible tab-delimited-text-file or CSV File Importer is also available to import data from other sources. You can also edit all aspects of any link or batches of links. Delete, copy and move any links or batches of links. Links can also be searched for from the Control Panel and be directly edited from the search results. Category searches also available from the control panel.
Powerful Category Management Features - Easily edit/add/delete or move any categories.
Mailing List Capabilities - Comes with built in mailers to send email to link owners or premium link owners. A subscribe option is also available where you can send email to link owners who checked a subscribe box when submitting a link. (When you have a newsletter for example) - NEW! - The mailers also supports HTML Email.
Accept different types of submissions - You can accept more than one kind of submission. You can for example accept standard links, articles, classified adverts, listings with images, listings without images, etc. - All with one single PowerSeek SQL installation. More Info.
Sorting Options - Links can be listed/sorted according to popularity, most number of hits, ratings, votes, alphabetically or from latest to oldest.
Category Lists - Use 'Category Includes' to list any categories on any web page or anywhere within your Search Engine & Directory. More Info.
RSS Feeds - You can provide your visitors with RSS feeds for categories.
Many other options available regarding links and categories: Also see the Demos or Complete Feature List
PowerSeek SQL also enables you to create any kind of niche or specialized Directory like Business Directories, Yellow Pages Directories, Real Estate Directories, Travel Directories, Article Directories, Mega Classified Ad Sites, Product Catalogues, or almost any other kind of Directory or Catalogue. PowerSeek SQL can also be used as a CMS (Content Management System) or used to build Image Galleries. There is practically a limitless amount of uses for it.
Many other flexibility features. Also see the Demos or Complete Feature List
New Submissions & Link Modification Features:
New Submission Approval - Review New Submissions for approval or rejection with ease. When submissions are approved or rejected, email (optional) can be sent to link owners informing them of the approval or rejection of their link listing. All email messages that can be sent are fully customizable. NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
Image / File Uploading - Supports image (or any file type) uploading or where submitters can upload images or files with their link listing. Images (or any file type) can also be uploaded for link listings from the Admin Control Panel. Useful to build any kind of catalogue requiring images, videos or other file types. You can also accept different kinds of listings. For example, standard links, articles, classified ads, etc.
Powerful Spam Filter - You can block spam submissions by using the built-in Spam Filter. Can also be used to create a family friendly Search Engine & Directory. Many other Spam Filter options available.
Review of Link Modifications - All modifications to links by end-users can also be reviewed/edited before any changes are made permanent.
Spam Proof - In addition to the spam filter, all submission and/or all feedback options where something is submitted to the Search Engine & Directory has 'letter-images' or Captcha's where the submitter needs to type these in a confirmation field. This functionality makes it impossible for automated spam bot scripts to submit anything to the Search Engine & Directory.
Many other link submission and modification features. Also see the Demos or Complete Feature List
Other Key Features:
User Registration System - An optional user registration system is also available that provides end users with their own control panel (login) to submit new links or modify existing links. NEW! - Facebook Login also supported.
Intelligent Searches - PowerSeek SQL also comes with an intelligent search facility for accurate search results. An advanced search option is also available. Search statistical reports with graphs are also available to see what was searched for and what was searched for the most.
NEW! - Google Maps - Easily display a Google map on a separate information page for each listing link listing. ('More Info' pages are also referred to as 'Link Info' pages.) A Google InfoWindow on the map is also supported where you can display listing information in this window. The InfoWindow can display the listing title, description, extra fields, etc.
The size (width and height) of the map can be configured, Zoom Level, etc. Find out more.
Advanced Searches - Also comes with functions to set up specific category searches. You can also for example create price range searches, city searches, product searches in specific cities, city and state searches, the possibilities are limitless.
NEW! - Specialized Searches in PowerSeek SQL Control Panel - PowerSeek SQL also comes with searches to search through new submissions, user account links, comment/review searches, etc.
Link Validation - PowerSeek SQL also comes with a built-in link-validator that enables you to check the Search Engine & Directory for broken links.
Popular & New Link Includes - Gives you the ability to include the most popular or most recent links of specified categories anywhere in your Search Engine pages/templates or external web pages. You can for example list the 5 most popular or 5 most recent links in specific categories or any external web page. Many options available.
Plug-in System - PowerSeek SQL also has a plug-in system and comes with a large number of plug-ins by default. To find out more about these plug-ins and their functions, click here.
NEW! - PowerSeek SQL Mobile Version (Included Free) - A mobile version of PowerSeek SQL also available that enables you to build a mobile version of your Search Engine & Directory. (NEW!)
NEW! - Powerful Form Mailer - PowerSeek SQL now comes with a 'contact form' option. This is a form mailer that visitors can complete to send email to the PowerSeek administrator.
Many other features. Also see the Demos or Complete Feature List
Complete Feature List:
PowerSeek SQL literally comes with hundreds of features and options. We have tried to list most below. The Control Panel has been built with practicality in mind so that things are mostly self-explanatory. The Control Panel also contains a lot of text that explains all workings & options in detail. It can be thought of as a visual tool that puts everything together - all in one place where it can be easily used and understood.
- Categories are designed to support a multilevel category hierarchy.
- You can choose to run a Static or Dynamic Directory. Mod_Rewrite support is also available. (More Info)
- Add/Edit/Move/Delete Categories. (More Info)
- Add more than one or batches of categories at a time.
- Crosslinked (or symbolic links) are supported for categories. (More Info)
- Categories can be set to be hidden. Comes in handy to store links for later review. (More Info)
- Categories can be locked if you don't want new submissions to be done in some categories. (More Info)
- Categories can have related categories that can be displayed when category pages are viewed. (More Info)
- Categories can have an additional page title with meta descriptions and keywords for Search Engine
Optimization. (More Info)
- If a static Directory is used then specific categories can be generated. (Handy when a small change has been made to a category.) An update function is also available to update any changes so that all HTML files don't need to be re-generated.
- Banner Groups or Advert Groups (created in the Banner Manager or Advert Manager) can be targeted at categories to be content sensitive.
- Custom templates are supported so that specified categories may have a different or custom look and feel. (More Info)
- Easily preview categories from the Control Panel when working with categories from the Directory Manager.
- Category Includes gives you the ability to automatically include any categories in PowerSeek templates or external web pages. Use Category Includes to list any categories on any web page or anywhere within your Search Engine & Directory. (More Info)
- Numbers next to categories (indicating the amount of links in categories) when browsed by visitors can be displayed or not.
- New graphics can be displayed next to categories indicating new links inside categories. The time periods for these graphics to appear are configurable.
- RSS Feeds can be provided for categories. RSS feeds for the 'Popular' and 'New' pages can also be provided. (More Info)
- Add from 1 to 5 links at a time. Also included is a meta tag fetcher to automatically fetch the titles, description & keywords of URL's supplied - speeding up the process of manually adding links.
- Link owners can receive email notification when their link has been manually added. The email being sent is customizable. NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
- Crawl for links with the crawler. ( More Info )
- Import links from the Open Directory Project. (More Info)
- Import links from RSS Feeds.
- Edit/Delete any links or batches of links or edit individual links while viewing links.
- Move/Copy any links or batches of links to other selected categories.
- Links without URL's are supported. (For something like a Yellow Pages Directory)
- Links may have extra fields so that each link can contain extra information like addresses, telephone numbers, files, videos, images, articles, etc. Also let's you collect extra information when adding links or when new submissions are made. Up to 40 extra fields can be added. (More Info)
- Extra 'Upload' Data Fields can be created to store image files, video files or any other file type. Can be used to build a Video Portal or Image Gallery or File Download Archive, etc. for example. The 'Add URL' and 'Modify' forms can also be edited to allow file uploads. (More Info)
- Extra 'Content' Data Fields can be created to store articles with each listing. These articles can be presented with listings or on the 'more info' (extra information pages) of each listing. This option gives you the ability to use PowerSeek as a CMS (Content Management System). These 'Content' fields comes with a built-in Wysiwyg editor that provides advanced editing functions (like font styles, colors, etc. - everything a standard web editor provides) when adding articles to the 'Content' fields. CSS is also supported with the Wysiwyg editor. (More Info)
- Image uploading is supported for links from the Control Panel. Submitters may also upload an image with their link. (More Info)
- Images can also be automatically resized to thumbnails for example when adding listings that contains images. The image resizing option is also available for the standard image upload field available with all listings/links by default. Note that one of the following modules are required for image resizing: Image::Magick or Image::Resize (More Info)
- Links can be modified via password or via user account where a user needs to register an account before being able to post a link. (Optional)
- Email can be sent to link owners with built-in mailer. (More Info) NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
- Links in categories can be sorted Alphabetically, by clicks, by number of votes, by popularity or from latest to oldest.
- The number of links that is displayed on a 'per page' basis can be configured.
- Uploaded images can have a set pixel-width and height. (For the default image-upload available) Extra Upload Data fields also has this option available.
- The maximum allowed size when images/files are uploaded by submitters may be configured. Extra Upload Data fields also has this option available.
- Link styles/displays can be completely customized. (All HTML/text displayed to end users are customizable) See customization below for more on the customization options.
- A broken link option is available where broken links can be reported by visitors. (Note that PowerSeek also comes with a broken link checker - see Plug in's below for more information)
- Comments can be posted for any link. See: Reviews/Comments for Links below.
- Link owners and the Administrator can receive email notifications when comments are posted for links. (Optional) NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
- Links can be rated by visitors. (Votes are recorded). Links can also have rating images to indicate it's average rating by visitors.
- Popular links can be indicated with a 'popular' graphic. The amount of clicks can be specified before a link will be regarded as popular.
- New links can be indicated with a new graphic where the link receives a new graphic if it is new. (The time frame where a link is regarded as new can be specified)
- Each link may have a page of it's own where additional information about the link can be displayed. (This is where extra fields can come in handy) - The look and feel of this extra page is completely customizable. This page is also generated when the Static Directory option is used. The look and feel of this page can also be changed according to the category where the link resides in with Custom Category Templates.
- An option where the URL's of links can be hidden or not is available.
- A setting where links can be opened in new windows or not when clicked can be specified.
- Date formats of links can be configured.
- A flexible Importer where field orders are configurable is available to import links into categories. (More Info) Also see the Import/Export Plugin for more Import options.
- A favorites option is available where users can flag links to be added to their 'Favorites' list.
- Link listings can be displayed next to each other in columns. (Up to 6 columns supported). This can come in handy when using PowerSeek to build an image gallery for example.
Premium Links Features
- Premium links can have a completely different look and feel. You can also sell premium links. (More Info)
- New premium links may have an expiry date where they will expire when a specified time frame has been reached. This expiry time frame can be configured so that all new premium links are valid for the specified time frame when submitted.
- Premium links can be set never to expire.
- Premium links will always be displayed first (or above) standard links in categories. The premium link positions can be configured.
- Premium links can be listed first in Search Results (optional setting)
- The positions of Premium Links can be controlled in categories.
- Premium links can also be browsed/viewed/deleted/edited/moved/copied with a Premium Link browser from the Control Panel. (More Info)
- NEW! - The premium link browser has a search to only search through premium links. Active/Expired filters are also supported with the search.
- Email can be sent to Premium Link owners or Premium Link owners who's Premium Links expired.
- Email addresses of Premium Link owners can also be retrieved for third party mailing software.
- Premium Link emails can be customized. (Email sent to users who submit premium links) (More Info) NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
- Premium links have their own 'More Info' templates and modify templates. This provides the ability for premium links to have extra information that standard links don't have in combination with Extra Fields/Keys.
- Standard links can now be charged for in addition to Premium links. (Optional Setting)
- Coupled with 'Extra Add URL / Modify Forms' and 'Custom Category Template Sets' a limitless amount of premium link types can be available and accepted from 'Add URL' forms.
- Click here for more on Premium Links ...
User Registration System
The use of the user registration system is optional. Submitters are required to register (sign up) and validate their email address to be able to submit links when the user registration system is in use. (The validation option can be disabled so that validation is not required) If the registration system is not in use then submitters don't have to register an account to be able to submit links. The features described below are available when the user registration system is in use.
- User accounts can be searched, browsed or edited from the Administrator Control Panel. (More Info)
- NEW! - User Account Link Browser & Search - This function lets you browse and search the links that has user accounts specifically. You can edit/move/copy/delete the links that are being browsed or searched. This makes it easy to rapidly locate a link or links that belongs to user accounts.
- A login option is also available to log into any user account from the Administrator Control Panel.
- All fields or only specific fields of user accounts can be searched from the Administrator Control Panel.
- Extra fields for user accounts are supported. This enables you to specify extra fields to collect extra information from users when they register. It can come in handy to collect telephone numbers, or addresses, or any other information from users when they register an account. (More Info)
- When the user registration system is in use, users have their own control panel where they can login to modify links or post additional links. (The user control panel's look and feel is completely customizable via HTML templates or also called skins)
- Email validation is supported where a user must validate his/her email address when registering an account. This eliminates spam submissions. (Optional)
- A mailer is available from the main Administrator Control Panel to send email to users who registered user accounts. NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
- Links that are not linked to a user account can be linked to user accounts from the main Administrator Control Panel.
- Click here for more on the User Registration System ...
- All HTML and Texts displayed to visitors to your Search Engine are 100% customizable. The customization options allows you to build a Search Engine & Directory with a totally original look and feel. The customization options makes PowerSeek very flexible.
- PowerSeek uses templates or skins that can be customized with a template system where all templates can be customized from. The templates are ordinary HTML files that can be edited with any web editor. (More Info)
- A Global Template can be implemented (an ordinary HTML file containing your logo, menu bars, graphics, layout & design, CSS, etc.) to give all PowerSeek templates the same look and feel rapidly. (More Info) With this functionality you could for example rebrand all PowerSeek templates with your own design & layout, logo's, graphics, CSS, etc. in minutes.
- When editing templates from the Control Panel, 'Preview Panes' are always available to display the template in it's rendered and un-rendered states. This tells you exactly what is being edited an gives a visual overview of how the templates work.
- Template Includes are available that act like SSI's (Server Side Includes) throughout all templates. This makes changes to site headers, footers or menu bars an easy task where you can only edit one piece of HTML code and the changes will be available throughout the entire Search Engine & Directory. (More Info)
- The customization options also provides functionality to use PowerSeek to build Image Galleries. (Example 1) (Example 2) (More Info)
- Click here for more on the customization options available...
Front Page or Index Page Customization
- There are many ways to create the front page or the Index page of the Search Engine & Directory. (More Info)
- The columns / row height / spacing of the categories for the front page can specified.
- The font and font sizes of category displays can be customized.
- The actual HTML code that puts the category displays together can be customized.
- 'New' graphics can be displayed next to categories or not.
- Link numbers can be displayed next to categories or not.
- The Control Panel provides the code for the Search Box/button that can be placed in any HTML file or PowerSeek template.
- Specified main categories can be excluded from displaying in the Front Page.
- Sub categories and category descriptions can be excluded or included.
- Many other options and setups available.
- Click here for more on front page creation
- PowerSeek SQL uses a relevance algorithm for accurate search results.
- The number of matches displayed on a 'per page' basis can be configured.
- An IP blocker is available to limit the number of searches done on an hourly basis. (To block spammers from spamming 'most searched for' keywords.
- Searched keywords are recorded so that you can view search statistics.
- Create any kind of advanced searches and additionally use custom or unique search templates. This functionality enables you to set up searches that will for example search price ranges, certain fields combined with others, searches to list the highest rated links, etc. Almost any kind of search can be created with this functionality. (More Info)
- Category searches can be created to only search specific categories. The category searches created can use unique or custom templates to give the search results a unique look and feel depending on what category search is being used. (More Info)
- A Control Panel search with 'advanced search capabilities' is available where links that has been searched for can be edited/moved/copied/deleted.
- A Category Search is available from the control panel where matched categories can be edited/moved/copied/deleted. The current category being browsed in the 'Dir Manager' can also be searched to edit/move/copy/delete specific links.
Reviews/Comments for Links
- Reviews or comments can be posted for any link.
- Approval of reviews/comments submitted by visitors are available for approval by the administrator from the control panel before they are made available for display with links.
- User comments/reviews with a comment submit box can be displayed on the 'More Info' pages of links.
- When the user registration system is in use a setting is available where only registered users may post comments for links. (Optional)
- Image authentication is available (to avoid automated spam submissions) for comment submission areas. Image authentication requires users to type letters that is displayed as images. This makes it impossible for automated submission scripts to submit spam comments.
- Extra data fields can now be configured to collect extra information when a user submits a comment/review for a listing. The extra data fields can then be displayed with comments/reviews of listings.
- There is a comment/review browser & search available. NEW! - The search function is there to quickly locate any review/comment posted for a link. The search function will search through all link comments/reviews that was posted by visitors.
- NEW! - The administrator can be notified by email when new comments/reviews are posted for links. The email can also contain links that can be clicked to approve or delete the new comments/reviews posted for links.
- New submissions are available for approval by the administrator. Links are only included in the Index once the Administrator has approved new submissions.
- Reciprocal link checking is available with new submission forms (for premium links and/or standard links). The reciprocal link checker will check if the submitter has linked to a specified address before it will accept a new submission. This is optional for standard and/or premium links. (More Info) - A Reciprocal Link Checker plugin is also available to check backlinks (reciprocal links) at any given time. Mail can be sent to link-owners if the backlink (reciprocal link) is not available on the web site of link owner(s) anymore.
- Image authentication is supported with submission forms so that automated submission services cannot submit spam submissions to submit forms. Image authentication requires users to type letters that is displayed as images.
- Images or any other file-types can be uploaded with new submissions by using Extra Upload Fields. (More Info)
- Uploaded images can be automatically resized.
- Multiple Add URL / Modify forms can be used for different kinds of listings. You can for example create extra Add URL forms to additionally accept different kinds of listings like Articles, Links with many images, or any other listing type that is regarded as different from standard listings. (More Info)
- Customizable email autoresponses are available when visitors submit links and/or when their link is approved/denied. (More Info) NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
- A spam filter is available to block spam submissions. It can also be used as a bad-word filter. Spam submissions can also be blocked from the new submissions approval area so that the same submission can not be submitted again. (More Info)
- Link listings can easily be moved or copied to other categories from the new submissions approval area.
- Link listings can easily be edited or deleted from the new submissions approval area.
- NEW! - The new submissions approval area has a search function. This can be very handy if there is a large amount of links that needs approval and specific links need to be found for approval.
- Users can submit content or articles by using a fully functional Wysiwyg Editor. (More Info)
- Click here for more on new submissions ...
Static Directory (HTML Generation)
These options are available when you run a Static Directory.
- Custom file names are supported for 'more Info' pages. The titles of links are used to create file names. This is to improve Search Engine positions for 'more Info' pages and make them more relevant to Search Engine results from Search Engines.
- Custom file names are supported in categories that have 'more' pages. For example, if a category has 100 links and 10 links are listed on a 'per page' basis then page 2 to 10 will have the file name of the existing category. This is to improve Search Engine positions for 'more' pages and to make them more relevant to Search Engine results from Search Engines.
- HTML files can be generated from the Control Panel and/or SSH if available. (More Info)
- The file extensions in which HTML files are generated can be specified.
- Changes to generated files can be updated so that you don't have to re-generate all HTML files when there was changes to links or when new links/categories was added/deleted/edited. (Can be done through the web browser or SSH/Telnet) (More Info)
- A scheduler like the UNIX CRON program can be used to generate HTML files on a scheduled basis.
- Click here for more information on running a static Directory...
Listed below are plugins included that comes with PowerSeek SQL by default. (free)
1. Link Plugins
2. Category Plugins
3. Advertisement Plugins
4. Searching Plugins
5. Email Plugins
6. Template Plugins
7. Maintenance Plugins
8. Spam Blocking Plugins
9. Utility Plugins
1. Link Plugins
Popular and New Link Includes Plugin (More Info)
Popular & New Link Includes enables you to create lists of links which are the most popular or lists of links that are the newest in specified categories or globally. These lists can then be included (displayed) in any existing HTML pages or PowerSeek templates. This comes in handy if you want to display the most popular or latest links of specific categories - inside specific categories. It can also enable you to display the most popular and latest links of the Entire Search Engine in any PowerSeek template or external web page. A good example can be found here. Look for the 'Top 5 Most Popular 'Affiliate Program' Links on WebmasterEngine.com' heading.
- Create as many lists as you need. (Most popular or latest links)
- Lists can be created to only include 'New' or 'Popular' Premium Links.
- Link displays (or the styles of links) can be completely customized. You can include the titles, descriptions, URL's, ratings, clicks, etc. with the link displays.
- The number of links to display can be specified.
- You can globally get the most popular links or latest links or the most popular or latest links from specific categories.
Extra Add URL / Modify Forms Plugin (More Info)
- This Plugin let's you have extra 'Add URL' and 'Modify' forms. This means that a single installation of PowerSeek can accept different kinds of submissions. A Directory can for example consist of Links, Articles, and Classifieds. In this instance two additional Add URL/Modify form sets can be created so that different forms are used when submitting Articles and Classifieds. This functionality provides the ability to accept different kinds of submissions where some 'Add URL forms' will accept listings containing articles or Videos or Images and some not for example.
- Each 'Add URL' and 'Modify' form set in use can send out custom email autoresponse messages depending on what form set has been used when a submission takes place.
- Each form set has it's own Add URL/Modify templates that can be customized to suite the kind of listing being submitted.
- Used in conjunction with 'Custom Category Template Sets', many different kinds of listings (having an original look and feel) can be contained in a single installation of PowerSeek and submissions for the different kinds of links can be accepted.
Import/Export Utility Plugin (More Info)
- Import tab delimited text files that contains links with categories into PowerSeek or export links to tab delimited text files.
- The importer/exporter can be configured to accept fields in any order.
- Importer supports file uploading.
- Export links from any specified category or export all links to tab delimited text file.
NEW! - Google Maps
- Easily display a Google map on a separate information page for each listing link listing. ('More Info' pages are also referred to as 'Link Info' pages.) A Google InfoWindow on the map is also supported where you can display listing information in this window. The InfoWindow can display the listing title, description, extra fields, etc.
The size (width and height) of the map can be configured, Zoom Level, etc. Find out more.
Google SiteMaps (More Info)
- The Google SiteMaps plugin enables you to assign Google Spider Priorities and Update Frequencies to generated category pages and the generated 'More Info' pages of listings.
NEW! - Google Plus One Button
- Let visitors recommend listings on Google Search and share it on Google+.
NEW! - Google Rich snippets - Ratings/Reviews
- Lets you display rich snippets in Google search results for 'more info' pages. When google displays a link to your 'more info' pages in their search results then you can instruct google to display a rating, the number of votes and reviews for the specific listing in their search results. This results in an increase of traffic sent from google.
NEW! - Facebook Login
- PowerSeek comes with a user login system where users can register an account to submit and edit previous submissions. (The login system provides users with a control panel where users can edit previous links and submit new links.) The PowerSeek Login system now supports Facebook Connect. What this means is that users don't have to register an account and login directly with Facebook to submit new submissions and edit previous submissions.
NEW! - Facebook Like
- Lets users click a Facebook like button for links/listings from extra information pages of links.
NEW! - Facebook Comments
- Lets users use Facebook comments to post comments on extra information pages of link listings.
Random Link Includes Plugin (More Info)
- This plugin allows you to display random links selected out of the database or out of selected categories. It allows you to display random links inside any PowerSeek template or external Web Page. Included with the plugin are options to change the randomizations to specific time periods. It can be set to randomize every 6 hours, every day, every week, etc.
- Set up as many includes as you need.
- The look and feel of the random links are completely customizable. Each 'Random Link Include' you create can have it's own original look and feel.
Total Link Include Plugin (More Info)
- Let's you include the total amount of links and/or categories in the database on any web page or PowerSeek templates. (Handy to indicate how many links the database has)
- Customizable via template. (Change the font, font size, etc.)
- Obtain HTML code to place in any web page or PowerSeek template.
Duplicate Link Checker Plugin (More Info)
This plugin will check the Directory for duplicate links.
- Options to delete all links that creates duplicates or to delete the original links + their duplicates
- Lists duplicate links with 'Editing' and 'Deletion' options.
- Filter to list only duplicates or duplicates with their originals
Listing Expiration for Classifieds (More Info)
This plugin enables you to expire/remove listings automatically when they have reached a certain age.
Link Expiry Tool (More Info)
This plugin will remove links out of the database if they are older than a specified date.
2. Category Plugins
Category Includes Plugin (More Info)
Category Includes can be used to create more than one front page (or index page) listing main categories or any sub categories of any category. It can be used to display a category list on any web page or PowerSeek template. Another way of saying the above would be to say that it can be used to create "extra category displays." You can use it to have, for example, indexes to the left hand side of your pages or PowerSeek templates. Thus creating category navigation bars.
- Create as many category displays as you need.
- List categories in a single column or multiple columns (up to 5 supported).
- Many options available to change the category display styles. (Customize the fonts, sizes, etc.)
- Also supports the displays of link numbers next to categories or 'new' graphics to indicate new links inside categories. (Optional)
- You can find out more about Category Includes here...
Empty Category Checker Plugin (More Info)
This plugin will display categories that has no links. The categories displayed can be clicked to add links to the empty categories.
Category Drop Down Navigator (More Info)
The function of this plug-in is to provide your visitors with an alternative method of navigating categories. It will display drop down menus where users can choose categories from. When a category is chosen then sub categories will be dynamically loaded (using Ajax) with sub categories where users can choose from those until the user reached the category he/she is interested in in going to.
3. Advertisement Plugins
Premium Link Manager Plugin (More Info)
- Allows you to configure Premium Link Settings.
- Allows you to send email to all premium link owners. NEW! - HTML Email also supported.
- Allows you to send out Expiry emails to inform premium link owners that their listing is about to expire.
- Allows you to browse and edit/move/copy/delete premium links.
The Banner and Advert Manager Plugins
- These plugins are a banner or HTML/Text based Advert Rotators that let's your rotate Banners or HTML/Text based adverts in any PowerSeek categories or PowerSeek templates. You can rotate Adverts on any web page or other web site.
- Banners or Adverts can be content sensitive in categories. What this means is that you can target Banner/Advert groups of Banners/Adverts at specific categories.
- Banners can be uploaded.
- Banner groups are supported where banner groups can be created to only display specific types of banners.
- Banner impressions and clicks are recorded for statistical displays with graphs. Statistics with graphs can be displayed by specifying date ranges.
- HTML/Text based Adverts can have click tracking so that impressions and clicks can be tracked.
- The weight of banners can be set so that some banners will be displayed more than others.
- Expiry dates are supported so that Banners or HTML/Text Adverts can expire.
- The number of Ad impressions can be configured for groups of Banners or HTML/Text Adverts.
- A default banner or HTML/Text advert group can be specified so that when the adverts expire that there is something to display in their place.
- HTML code is provided that can be placed inside any web page or web site where Banners or HTML/Text Adverts should be rotated.
- Click here for more information on the HTML/Text Advert rotator...
- Click here for more information on the Banner rotator...
Reciprocal Link Checker Plugin (More Info)
- Has a multithreaded crawler (very fast) to check for the existence of reciprocal links. In other words it will check if your reciprocal link still exist on the web sites of link owners.
- Comes with a powerful mailer to send email to link owners who removed your reciprocal link.
- Includes management options to send email to link owners or edit/delete/move links where your reciprocal link has been removed.
- Will keep history of the times reciprocal links was not found at the web site of link owners. This will provide you with information on each date when the crawler could not find your reciprocal link.
4. Searching Plugins
Search Term Statistics Plugin (More Info)
- This plugin displays search term statistics to the administrator. (Keywords that has been searched for visitors)
- Comes with accompanying graphs.
Top Search Term Includes Plugin (More Info)
- Enables you to display what was 'most searched for' on your Search Engine, by including the 'most searched for keywords in any external web page or PowerSeek template.
- The number of keywords displayed can be configured.
- The style of the keywords (fonts, font sizes, etc.) of the keyword displays can be customized.
- You can set up more than one include to display 10 most searched for keywords or 50 most searched for keywords.
Specialized Search Creator Plugins (More Info)
Create any kind of advanced searches using custom or unique search templates. This functionality enables you to set up searches that will for example search price ranges, certain fields combined with others, searches to list the highest rated links, etc. It also allows you to create category searches to search specific categories only with unique templates. Almost any kind of Search can be created with this functionality.
Search Cloud Plugin (More Info)
Allows you to display a 'Search Cloud' in any PowerSeek template or on any external web page. A Search Cloud is the display of keywords that is currently being searched for through the Search Engine. NEW - The Search Cloud Plugin also supports bad/rude word filtering.
Keyword assignment plugin (More Info)
This plugin allows you to assign keywords to links residing within specified categories. In some situations the links inside categories may not have keywords. Use this plugin to assign or append keywords to links inside specified categories.
Category Searches (More Info)
Enables you to set up searches that only searches specific categories.
5. Email Plugins
Email Mailing and Address Retrieval Plugin (More Info)
- This plug-in let's you send email to link owners. It has been created to be light on any mail server and will send a specified amount of emails at a time not to overload a mail server.
- Messages can be personalized with the link owner's link details.
- Supports the sending of test messages before the actual mailing is done.
- The Premium Link Manager (for premium links only) also comes with the same mailer.
- NEW - The sending of HTML email is also supported.
Form Mailer Plugin (More Info)
This plugin enables users to send email (via a form) to link owners from the 'more info' pages of links.
6. Template Plugins
Template Switching Tool Plugin (More Info)
- PowerSeek comes with a set of pre-designed templates. (Click here to see a preview.) This plugin enables you to switch to different template sets.
Master Template Importer Plugin (More Info)
Enables you to specify a master template. This master template will be implemented throughout all PowerSeek templates. The master template will act like a frame with for example your graphics, menu bars, buttons, links, etc.
- Comes with a wizard for easy implementation.
- Has the ability to restore the default templates that comes with PowerSeek.
7. Maintenance Plugins
Data Backups Plugin (More Info)
Enables you to make data backups of all links and categories. (Makes a backup of the entire database)
Broken Link Checker Plugin (More Info)
- The broken link checker enables you to check for broken links. After the check has been done you are provided with the lists of broken links found where the broken links can be removed.
- The broken link checker is multithreaded for optimum speed when checking for broken links.
- Broken links can be checked from a web browser or Telnet or SSH.
- Individual categories can be checked for broken links.
Comment/Review Editor Ver: 1.0
- Enables you to edit reviews/comments that has been added by visitors for links. NEW - A comment/review search is also available to easily locate any comment/review of any links.
8. Spam Blocking Plugins
Spam Filter Plugin (More Info)
The Spam/Keyword filter enables you to block submissions that you do not want included in your new submissions area for approval. This can be useful to completely ignore spam, a spammer, or to keep your Directory family friendly.
- You can filter new submissions (deny listings) that contains specified keywords, email addresses, Domain names or IP addresses.
- You can also block (and delete the submission at the same time) new submissions from the new submission area so that the same submission can not be made again.
- The spam filter can also be used as a bad word filter for family friendly Search Engines & Directories.
Spambot Disabler Plugin (More Info)
All PowerSeek scripts now comes with 'hit spamming' protection.This functionality allows you to ban spam bots, email harvesters or any automated spider or crawler that uses excessive server resources by repeatedly loading scripts in a short period of time. (Completely configurable)
9. Utility Plugins
Raw Query Tool Plugin (More Info)
Let's you run raw queries on the PowerSeek database.
Thumbnail Batch Resizer & Importer Plugin (More Info)
This plugin enables you to import images and automatically resize them to thumbnails rapidly/quickly. This plugin is available inside the Control Panel >> Plugins